We currently have a vacancy for a:
School Car Driver
- With the support of the School Car Chaperone – to drive a maximum of seven pupils to and from school in the school car every morning and afternoon
- To make sure that the school car (which is a 9 seater Ford Transit [2198cc]) is clean inside and out
- To carry out very basic pre-driving checks on the car every day
- To assist with school events from time to time
Hours of Work:
- Part Time – Term Time only plus up to six days per annum
- 06.50am to 08.50am and 15.50pm to 17.50pm (applications for morning only or afternoon only journeys will be considered). Finish times may vary depending on traffic conditions
- Occasional additional hours as and when required for which overtime will be paid
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old (essential)
- Experience of working with children or young people (desirable)
- Experience of driving passenger carrying vehicles (desirable)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of current road safety legislation and an up to date knowledge of the current highway code (essential)
- Basic computer literacy and ability to communicate via emails and/or text messages (desirable)
Qualifications / Training / Education
- To have held a British Driving Licence for at least 24 months (essential)
- Good general standard of education (essential)
£6,225.00 per annum
Closing date for applications: 27th April 2018
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 30th April 2018
Mrs Corinne Walker
PA to the Headmaster
St Margaret’s Preparatory School
Gosfield Hall Park
To apply for a teaching or non-teaching role at any other Cognita School, please see the Cognita Schools careers page for details of any vacancies.
You will also be able to find out more about working for a Cognita school.
Candidates should be aware that all positions in the school/company involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the position.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 16 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).