We currently have a vacancy at St. Margaret’s Prep School
We are seeking a committed and energetic person to work as part of our team and to contribute to the ongoing success of this prestigious School. St Margaret’s Prep is a co-educational 11+ preparatory school of 200+ pupils located in beautiful grounds in rural Essex.
Driver/Site Support Officer
- With the support of the School Car Chaperone – to transport a maximum of seven pupils to and from school in the school car every morning and afternoon
- To make sure that the school car (which is a 9 seater Ford Transit [2198cc]) is clean and safe to drive
- To carry out basic pre-driving checks on the car every day
- To assist the caretaking staff with other duties from time to time and to assist with school events
Contract type: Permanent.
Hours of Work:
- Part Time – Term Time only plus six days per annum
- 06.50am to 08.50am and 15.50pm to 17.50pm (applications for morning only or afternoon only journeys will be considered). Finish times may vary depending on traffic conditions
- Occasional additional hours as and when required for which overtime will be paid:
Salary: £6,225.00 per annum paid in 12 monthly instalments.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
A job description for each role and an application form can be downloaded here or www.cognitaschools.com/careers or by contacting the School on 01787 472134.
All applicants are required to complete an application form. CV’s may be submitted in support of an application form but CV’s on their own are not acceptable. Applications by post and email will be accepted.
Please send your application before the deadline of 9.00am on Monday 14th August to:
Ms Sara Moutard
Bursar / Business Manager
St Margaret’s Preparatory School
Gosfield Hall Park
Or email it to email@example.com
To apply for a teaching or non-teaching role at St. Margaret’s, or any other Cognita School, please see the Cognita Schools careers page for details of any vacancies.
You will also be able to find out more about working for a Cognita school.
Candidates should be aware that all positions in the school/company involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the position.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 16 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).