Our Charity Day Tuesday 4th April, 2017 for Tusk
Our School Charity Day for 2017 is Tuesday 4th April
In the Autumn Term every child in the school was given a chance to vote for the charity that we will support this year – an important opportunity for the children to experience democracy in action!
After a very strong representation from all our our house captains, each putting forward a case as to why their chosen charity should receive our support, it was an overwhelming majority who chose to support Tusk, and the incredibly worthwhile work they do in Africa. (to find out more about Tusk please go to their website http://www.tusk.org/
How our fundraising day will look:
Our two Year 6 House Captains, Muiris and Miya, have worked so hard with the staff to organise the following activities:
- The 4th April will be a non-uniform day – the children will come to school dressed in sensible clothing as the day will include lots of outdoor activities.
- All the children will take part in a Wild Walk during the day in order to support the challenging Walk to School that Miya is undertaking. Our youngest pupils will be investigating natural habitats close to school and Year 2 and above will be taking the opportunity to explore the Gosfield Nature Reserve – a wonderful local facility. We are grateful to our bus chaperone, Becky, for her help with this – she is the warden of the Nature Reserve.
- All the children will take part in a treasure hunt in their classes in order to win a (toy) elephant!
- The children will take part in a multi-sport fun afternoon where they will need trainers and a top in the colour of their house (not applicable to our youngest pupils who have not yet been allocated houses). This top can be patterned or plain and could be a t-shirt, sweatshirt or similar in something that (loosely) resembles their House colour.
- Miya and Muiris will also be holding a raffle to win 4 tickets to Colchester Zoo
- We will be selling premium apple juice at various events next term in order to raise yet more money for this worthy cause.
- The School Council have voted for some of the money raised at the weekly Summer Term Music Assemblies to be added to the fundraising total.
In order to raise funds for our Chosen Charity, we have asked that children come into school on Tuesday 4th with a donation for Tusk. Our parents’ generosity towards the annual children’s charity choice has always been magnificent.
We would like to thank Miya and Muiris for all their hard work on this project.
It is going to be a wonderful day! We will be posting a lot more photographs of the day – and the grand total which has been raised – so watch this space!
Published on: 29th March 2017